Thursday, November 24, 2011

Missing Uncle Sam

Today I am doubly wistful.  Not only is it the 1 year anniversary of the first time I set foot in the glorious US of A but it is also Thanksgiving today which is my favourite holiday of all time that I don't get to celebrate because my stupid ancestors knew how to hunt, fish, farm and survive in a new world and didn't need to be rescued by helpful natives bearing delicious poultry.  Thanks a lot ancestors!

Anyway, I guess all I'm trying to say is, Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the US!  Wish I could be there again.  I did find this little ditty that expresses my feelings really well though...   



5 comments:

GumbyTheCat said...

When I'm gorging myself on a traditional Thanksgiving feast with all the trimmings in a few hours, I'll think of you. Bwahahaha.

Mean-spirited sonofabitch, ain't I?

Eugene said...

That's OK Gumby, I still like you!

Besides, I'm not the type of African to bum people out for enjoying a good meal in the 1st world!

GumbyTheCat said...

Eugene, I don't care what all those other bloggers say about you, you're a good man.

TimmyMac said...

That was hilarious Eugene! Hard to believe a whole year has gone by already . . . I and want you to know that I think the USA is a little gay on you too . . .

Eugene said...

Awww thanks Tim, you say the nicest things!