Friday, April 8, 2011

Rob Bell states his beliefs

People often ask me if I get tired of being right all the time.  My humble answer is that no, I really don't.  Just yesterday I said of Rob Bell and his new book "Love Wins":

"I don't really expect him to actually come out as an universalist (everyone goes to heaven) or an annihilationist (you don't burn in hell, you are destroyed forever) or anything like that.  Despite all the controversy, I've found Rob to usually be pretty orthodox in his beliefs so I'm interested to see where he is going with this."

Today, on my FB news feed, I find the following video:



Slam dunk on the orthodoxy baby!  I just love the smell of vindication in the evening!!  In fact, I think I'm going to start insisting that my friends start calling me "Prophet Eugene".  On second thought, now that I said that out loud, perhaps not...  Hardly rolls of the tongue now does it?

Anyway, perhaps Rob has a point.  Perhaps if you know something about someone's character you can infer a thing or two about what they will or will not do...

1 comment:

GumbyTheCat said...

Eugenezekiel, your godlike prophetic powers notwithstanding, I find it mildly disappointing that Bell chose to out himself as a standard run o' the mill Christian.

Now, prophecy me some winning lottery numbers and I'll be really impressed!