Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm a winner!


Recently I was struck by the overwhelming urge to say "You love me! You really love me!". Turns out I wasn't just being hormonal, I actually won an award! And it's not even award season!!

Recently GumbyTheCat awarded me the Arte y pico award. Firstly I would like to thank Gumby for awarding me this award - I really am honoured. Please go check out his blog (and I'm not just saying this because he gave me an award and said some really nice things about me either!), he covers a range of topics on religion, science and why there is no fun in fundamentalism - you will be a better informed, more enlightened person for reading his blog, that I promise you!

Secondly, just a note about the award for those who (like me a week ago) had never heard of it. The Arte y pico award is a little bit like a chain letter except that it's not evil and threatens you with nothing if you don't comply. Also, unlike chain letters, this award is something you want! Rules for the awards are as follows:

Here are the rules from the originating website, http://arteypico.blogspot.com/:
  • You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
  • Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
  • Each award-winning, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
  • Award-winning and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
  • To show these rules.
So, with that in mind, here are my own five award-winners in no particular order:

Water and Wine - If you like really good, really honest and heartfelt poetry then this blog is a must read. Tania's poems tend to either break my heart or warm it (and at times manages to do both at the same time). They tend to leave me at a loss for words and struggling to think of something to write as a comment that won't look utterly banal in comparison to the poem. If they don't move you at all then you have no soul!

Plucky's World
- This blog is a little hard to categorize apart from saying it's is an amazing blog to read. It's personal, its humorous, it's deep, it's thought provoking, it's brutally honest and even though I never met him, I feel like I have known Tim and his family for years. He also writes some great religious satire in his other blog Pixie Dust Faith - check that one out as well!

The World through shaded eyes - These are the thoughts and rantings regarding the world and everything in it by Mr Miles Weaver. You may not agree with everything he says, but it is well worth the read. It is honest, confrontational, direct, opinionated, strongly worded and controversial - in other words it's never ever boring!

Created and Rational - Usually when you run across high school kid taking part in the great Evolution vs Creationism debate you are struck with the overwhelming urge to just keep on running. Not so in this case. He blogs about his Christian faith and his views on science in a way that I always enjoy reading.

New World Disorder - This is a brand new blog tackles the weird and wacky beliefs of the conspiracy theorists. I met Lawrence on the discussion boards of Facebook where he was trying to educate people who believe in chemtrails, a 6000 year old earth and that the moonlanding was faked and that the governments were run by shapeshifting alien reptiles and I just loved his style. After bugging him for months to start an educational blog he finally gave in so go support him please and bug him to post more often!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks dude!